Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  MainMain  

KILLING and ideal freq set-up

Go down 
+3
rk
Quick Strike
monke
7 posters
AuthorMessage
monke
Peasant

KILLING and ideal freq set-up Empty
PostSubject: KILLING and ideal freq set-up   KILLING and ideal freq set-up EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 3:24 am

I think we have exactly the same problem attacking and defending: NO1 IS KILLING

The problem is basically that people are trying to do the wrong things, everyone rushing or everyone swinging all at the same time.

So here is how you should compose a freq

SWINGING:

s1: PASSIVE, your job is to HOLD nme attack, not to clear them! the ultimate goal is to slow nme down by taking them on 2v1 so our attack can push. GOAL=2:1

s2: PASSIVE, exactly the same as s1, you can start to push forward but u need to kill EVERYONE in ur way, not fly by them. GOAL=2:1

s3: PASSIVE/AGGRESSIVE, this is the only role who should be rushing, you shouldn't USUALLY even be lag attaching with ur other swings, u can get away with getting 1:1 so long as u push nme back

THIS IS HOW YOU SWING! when you get fantastic then you can start changing it up but ONLY when you master this system, basically when ur bold.

ATTACKING:
Always think about the ratios! A typical attack of 5 people

1: NME ANCHOR = obvious
2: NME SWING = use terr/swing. get 2:1 PROTECT THE ANCHOR
3: NME KILLER = ur job is to KILL KILL KILL. push forward slowly in spider, killing everything
4: NME RUSHER1 = mix up killing and rushing, lag attach with rusher2
5: NME RUSHER2 = constantly rush, lag attach with rusher1

The two remaining positions are called FREE AGENTS or FAs and these guys can be called upon by any anchor for extra support, or are used for flanking

ALL of you have the job of constantly WATCHING the freq and working out who is doing which position, you don't need to force them into the system but watch which of these positions isn't being fulfilled and DO IT!!!!!!!!

THIS IS HOW EVERY FREQ SHOULD BE SET UP, BEFORE WE HAVE NATURAL TEAM-WORK AND THIS HAPPENS AUTOMATICALLY YOU SHOULD ALL BE LOOKING AT TRYING TO SET UP THE SYSTEM. WORK OUT WHICH ROLE YOU ARE.
Back to top Go down
Quick Strike
Knight

PostSubject: Re: KILLING and ideal freq set-up   KILLING and ideal freq set-up EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 4:25 am

Nice post monke Smile I agree with the killing, i am at fault for this also, will keep practicing.

Idk how yall might see this but....
You should be doing 1 and only 1 position till its fairly mastered, thus giving you head way to fill a position as sub or maybe even a starter!! Plus imo this helps out in learning every other position wisely and masterfully.
Plus dont be afraid to ask for help, anyone, even if the other sucks more than you, you can build teamwork and hone your skills. eh, well thats wat i think, comments?
Back to top Go down
monke
Peasant

PostSubject: Re: KILLING and ideal freq set-up   KILLING and ideal freq set-up EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 4:47 am

Quick Strike wrote:
Nice post monke Smile I agree with the killing, i am at fault for this also, will keep practicing.

Idk how yall might see this but....
You should be doing 1 and only 1 position till its fairly mastered, thus giving you head way to fill a position as sub or maybe even a starter!! Plus imo this helps out in learning every other position wisely and masterfully.
Plus dont be afraid to ask for help, anyone, even if the other sucks more than you, you can build teamwork and hone your skills. eh, well thats wat i think, comments?

exactly
master a position... until everyone recognises u mastered it
then move on if u want
Back to top Go down
rk
Admin

PostSubject: Re: KILLING and ideal freq set-up   KILLING and ideal freq set-up EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 5:00 am

ya mastering one position is better than being mediocre at all of them. in pub games it is expeceted of everyone to play any position but competition in pub is nothing compared to whats waiting for us in egfl
Back to top Go down
ssd
Peasant

PostSubject: Re: KILLING and ideal freq set-up   KILLING and ideal freq set-up EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 5:01 am

very good post monke agree with it all
Back to top Go down
mattyoung
Peasant

PostSubject: Re: KILLING and ideal freq set-up   KILLING and ideal freq set-up EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 12:06 am

yea its great that we practice every position and master it but i think at least half of us are beyond that.
if anyone needs sharpening up on one position then council should have a little 1 on 1 chat with them.

that free agent system was used in blood i know, because star4ever attempted to implement it in everforce.

heres my opinion:
pushing ground at either nme or home theres no need to really change your gameplay. we do definently need to have what monke said below in an attack/defense
i think attacking the nme and defending is the exact same thing and nothing needs to change in your gamestyle wether your at nme or not. the only time the style of play needs to change is when the amount of players you are attacking or defending against is less or more than what your team has. For e.g. if at nme we have 3 attacking and they have 3 defending then do what monke said below with tthe style of play.
i know this 3 on 3 5 on 5 shit gets boring and is sometimes equal and no ground is made... but if we are really good we can make ground and push nme back.

1 tactic to break this: to push real ground in a short amount of time the spec cap needs to nominate 2-3 players and tell them to attach to flank or attach to nme anchor for 5 attaches and then go back to their normal position. This catches the nme off guard and can make heaps of ground and in turn change the game.

tactic: for me s1 s2 s3 means that s1 is called home first at 15% then s2 at 30% then s3 at 50% oR whatever home front feels comfortable with (%'s should be more than what i just quoted. Their jobs should in no way be different. They would all be in spiders (assuming) and i dont think their roles would need to change. Since you say none of them should la they should all be going back to their anchor or the safest swing. Rotating these positions would make us better off.
try imaging the game:

anchor s1 (dave) s2 (fred) s3 (john) nme

anchor s1 (john) s2 (dave) s3 (fred) nme

anchor s1 (fred) s2 (john) s3 (dave) nme

it doesnt need to work like this at all saying that s1 needs to then be 2 and then 3 it can be mixed up depending on the scenarios. But if the nme anchor is by himself after s3 has rushed out and cleared their swings it will be good if either the s2 or s1 who's closest to the nme rushes out and takes the place of s3.

also this would have to vary if the nme is being passive or not. nme passive = 2 to rush 1 strong swing. if they are very offensive then try to hold & kill more.

i'd also want to stay s1 for far longer if i spawned with xrader, cloak & any specials (this would be good to move to s3 immediataly as it can push nme anchor back)
Back to top Go down
rk
Admin

PostSubject: Re: KILLING and ideal freq set-up   KILLING and ideal freq set-up EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 11:34 am

read again
Back to top Go down
Quick Strike
Knight

PostSubject: Re: KILLING and ideal freq set-up   KILLING and ideal freq set-up EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 11:30 am

rk wrote:
read again
haha i was looking for this :/
mustve been on high on cupcakes that day. thanks for the bump.
Back to top Go down
HEATH-O-RAMA
Lord

PostSubject: Re: KILLING and ideal freq set-up   KILLING and ideal freq set-up EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 8:55 pm

heath 2005 version shitted on bold
Back to top Go down
rk
Admin

PostSubject: Re: KILLING and ideal freq set-up   KILLING and ideal freq set-up EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 6:16 am

BUMP
Back to top Go down
joomis
Peasant

PostSubject: Re: KILLING and ideal freq set-up   KILLING and ideal freq set-up EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 7:13 am

laughed so hard at dave, fred and john
Back to top Go down
rk
Admin

PostSubject: Re: KILLING and ideal freq set-up   KILLING and ideal freq set-up EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 7:19 am

monke wrote:
I think we have exactly the same problem attacking and defending: NO1 IS KILLING

The problem is basically that people are trying to do the wrong things, everyone rushing or everyone swinging all at the same time.

ATTACKING:
Always think about the ratios! A typical attack of 5 people

1: NME ANCHOR = obvious
2: NME SWING = use terr/swing. get 2:1 PROTECT THE ANCHOR
3: NME KILLER = ur job is to KILL KILL KILL. push forward slowly in spider, killing everything
4: NME RUSHER1 = mix up killing and rushing, lag attach with rusher2
5: NME RUSHER2 = constantly rush, lag attach with rusher1

nme rushers would be a1 and a2 killr an swings the flank team, when nme started flank rushers would slow down a bit and kill more
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KILLING and ideal freq set-up   KILLING and ideal freq set-up Empty

Back to top Go down

KILLING and ideal freq set-up
Page 1 of 1